As the weather warms and you start to break out the sandals, your toes need more care. While we are big fans of being pampered at the salon, a home pedicure is much cheaper and a great way to keep your feet sandal-ready. Follow our quick guide to getting a pedicure at home:
1. Begin by taking off any existing polish with a formula like OPI Polish Remover. This mild acetone remover uses aloe vera to dissolve polish without leaving streaks or stains.
2. Let’s be honest, the best part of getting a pedicure is the salt scrub and leg massage. Soak your feet in a warm bath and use a scrub to soften dry patches and revive your skin. We love using LaLicious Sugar Soufflé Body Scrubs.
3. While your feet are still wet, use a collection of pedicure tools like the ones offered by Tweezerman to buff away dull skin, shape your nails and keep your feet in top shape.
4. After you’ve completed step three, apply a foot lotion like bliss Foot Patrol and slip on one of our secret pedicure tools, bliss Softening Socks, to lock in moisture for soft skin.
5. When you’re ready to apply your polish, begin with one coat of OPI Chip Skip to prevent chipping.
6. Follow with your polish choice (OPI Nail Lacquer has some great hues) and finish the home pedicure with OPI Top Coat to prevent smudges.
After your home spa day is complete, use a FixMySkin Healing Balm, one of our favorite pedicure tools, to prevent dry, cracked heels. These balms are ideal after getting a pedicure at the salon or performing one at home.
What are your best home pedicure tips? Share with us on Facebook or Twitter!