The NEWA System is a radio frequency device that encourages the growth of collagen in your skin. Collagen plays an essential role in building smooth and plump skin, making the NEWA a highly beneficial anti-aging device.
For those interested in the NEWA skin care system, we’ve put together a guide for understanding and using your NEWA Device.
Choosing a Treatment Area
Before you get started, it’s important choose an area to treat. You have three options:
- The upper cheek
- The lower cheek
- The upper neck
Each of these areas can be divided into two sides: right and left. Treating each side takes four minutes, so make sure you give yourself eight minutes to treat both sides or 24 minutes for all three areas.
Using the NEWA Skin Care System
- Start with a clean, dry face. Remove any skin care products, makeup or jewelry.
On the side of the NEWA is a switch numbered zero through two.
- This is the intensity switch. It should be set at level zero.
- If it’s not, move it there now.
Connect the device to the power cord and connect the cord to an outlet.
Remove the protective cap off the top of your NEWA device.
- You should see a series of small, metal lines. These are the device’s electrodes.
- This is also called the applicator tip.
- Apply two lines of activator gel onto the applicator tip.
- While the device is still off, use it to spread the gel onto the treatment area.
Move the switch on the side of the device to treatment level two.
- The LED light around the power button will start blinking. This means that the device is in standby mode.
Press the power button on the device.
- The light will stop blinking, indicating that power is now being sent to the applicator tip.
Place the tip of your device against the treatment area and move it in a circular motion.
- The treatment will last four minutes, after which the device will vibrate to let you know it’s done.
- Make sure that the applicator tip remains in contact with your skin for the duration of the treatment.
- Keep the device moving in a circular motion until the treatment is complete.
When the NEWA system vibrates, remove it from your skin and press the power button to stop delivering energy to the electrodes.
If you’d like to do another treatment, add more activator gel to the electrodes. Then, repeat steps eight through ten on the new area.
Otherwise, move the switch to zero.
Unplug the cord from the outlet and the device from the cord.
- Rinse off any remaining gel with water and dry with a cloth.
Use a cloth to clean gel off the device.
- Store your device and activator gel.
What to Expect After Treatment
Because of the way the NEWA device works, your skin will feel warm immediately after treatment. Your skin will look and feel tighter, and will also have a noticeable glow. There may be mild redness and swelling, but both of these symptoms should disappear shortly.
You should see noticeable improvement in around one month, and gradual improvements can be seen for six months as new collagen is formed.
For the first month of use, use the NEWA five days a week, Monday through Friday. This is your “booster” period, which jumpstarts the production of collagen in your skin.
After the first month, use the NEWA just twice a week. This will maintain the results of your treatment.
For best results, don’t exceed more than one treatment session per area per day.
Tips When Using the NEWA Skin Rejuvenation System
- Do not use the NEWA device directly under the eye.
- Always keep the device moving during treatment.
- Keep the active tip in contact with your skin during treatment.
- When adding gel to a treatment area, press the power button to stop the output of energy. Then, add the gel, turn the power back on and continue using your NEWA.
- Complete the full four minutes for each treatment area.
- Treat the entire area.
You should feel a light warmth when you use the NEWA.
If the warmth is uncomfortable, try moving the device in wider circles.
If that doesn’t help, shift the device from level two to level one.
Use the highest level that’s comfortable for you.
The color on the power button will change from blue to green when your skin has reached the optimal temperature.
NEWA cannot be used if you have sores, blisters or compromised skin caused by conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or acne.
Interested in the NEWA skin care system? Find additional information and customer reviews on LovelySkin.com. If you have a question about the NEWA or other radio frequency devices for skin tightening, ask us in the comments below!