Board-Certified Dermatologist and Cosmetic Surgeon
Voted one of America's Top Docs and Best Doctors in America, Dr. Schlessinger has also been consistently voted for more than 20 years as the best Omaha dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon.
Dedicated to Excellence
Dr. Schlessinger began practicing dermatology in 1992, and in 1993, opened Skin Specialists, P.C., which offers general dermatology services, specializing in treating acne, eczema, psoriasis and skin cancer, and cosmetic dermatology services, including BOTOX®, Dysport™, fillers and liposuction procedures. A staff of more than 70 skilled employees assists Dr. Schlessinger.
The Advanced Skin Research Center opened in 1993 and is active in the advancement of skin care and skin health. The center has conducted more than 200 research studies investigating new medications and treatments for a wide range of skin conditions and cosmetic procedures. The Advanced Skin Research Center is one of the largest dermatologic research centers in the nation, performing more clinical research in dermatology than Creighton University and University of Nebraska combined.
Awards and Recognition
- Best in Omaha in Cosmetic Surgery, Omaha Magazine, 2002 – Present
- Best in Omaha in Dermatology, Omaha Magazine, 2010 – Present
- Best Dermatologist in Omaha, Readers Choice Awards, 2001 – Present
- Best Doctors in America, Dermatology 2011 – Present
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2011 – Present
- Selected one of American’s Top Physicians in Dermatology, US News & World Report
- RealSelf Verified Doctor, Top Doctor & Contributor, 2008-Present
- Winner of Doctors' Choice Awards Top 200 Doctors' 2019
- Winner of Doctor’s Choice Award, Omaha 2014 & 2015
- Elle Genius Selection, Dermatology 2011
- Top Beauty Doctor New Beauty 2019
UNDERGRADUATE & MEDICAL SCHOOL
Undergraduate: BA in Biology, University of Rhode Island, 1981
Medical: Basic Sciences, Brown University, Providence, RI
MD, Clinical Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1985
POST-MEDICAL SCHOOL TRAINING
Dermatology, Washington University of St. Louis
Pediatrics, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Dr. Schlessinger is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery and formerly board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Why does it matter?
To practice medicine in the United States, a doctor must be licensed by their state. This license does not indicate a doctor's qualifications. To be board certified, a doctor must complete additional standards beyond basic licensing and actively keep pace with the latest advances in their specialty to maintain their board certification. The latest advances mean the best options for you and your health!