White winter makeup is one of our favorite ways to pull ourselves out of the cold weather blues. Incorporating a number of uses and looks, white makeup should be a staple in any cosmetic arsenal.
One of the best ways to use white makeup is to brighten your complexion and give you a wide-awake look. Apply white eyeliner to your waterline and a touch to the inner corner to instantly brighten up your eyes. Highlight your cheek bones with a sheer and shimmery white powder.
For a more bold and dramatic look, try a full white eye makeup look. Don’t overdo it though, or else you’re more likely to look like an ice queen rather than a snow bunny.
Jenna, one of LovelySkin’s graphic designers, helped us create a simple white eye makeup look that you can easily create at home.
- Cover your entire lid with a creamy silver eyeshadow. We used jane iredale Eye Gloss in Grey Silk.
- Pat a layer of shimmery loose powder over the top of the cream shadow with your finger. Use your ring finger for precision and a lighter touch. We love jane iredale 24K Gold Dust Mini in Silver.
- Add a clean swipe of white eyeliner to your top lashes. We used stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Silverdollar.
- Finish off your eyes with a swipe or two of your favorite black mascara.
- Shimmery pigments can leave behind traces of glitter, so clean up around your lids with a cotton bud or a clean powder brush.
When going with a shimmery white eye, it’s important to keep the rest of your makeup looking natural. Use a peach blush and a light bronzer to bring some color to your cheeks, and apply a clear or sheer gloss to your lips.
Another great thing about white winter makeup is that it is extremely versatile. Apply white eyeliner to your entire eyelid and have it act as an eye primer to help brightly colored shadows pop. To help your lipstick last longer, apply a thin layer of white eyeshadow to your lips and apply another layer of lipstick on top.
How do you incorporate white makeup in to your daily look? Tell us in the comments!